Many people like to refer to Chapter 13 as the “catch your breath provision” of the bankruptcy code. When creditors are coming down on you all at once demanding full payment today, Chapter 13 allows you step back, catch breath, and pay them back over a reasonable period of time. In contrast to Chapter 13, Chapter 7 enables you to eliminate all of your credit card, medical, or other unsecured debts so that you can get a fresh start.
The economy is finally getting better and now is a great time for you to get back on your feet.
This is the perfect time to free yourself from the debts that have been holding you back. It is time to regain your control over your finances. We can help get you back in charge of your money and put your debts under your control so that you can have the financial security you have been longing for. Recent headlines claim that the economy is getting better; we are looking forward to growth and what better way to start this new growth than with the peace of mind that comes from not having financial burdens hanging over your head. You can be independent and able to grow in new ways. After this last decade of hard times, many people are suffering financial hardship through no fault of their own. For some, it is a recent loss of job. For others, it’s medical, divorce, death of a family member, or some other event that came from nowhere. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. It is not your fault. But you CAN do something about it. Take control today and free yourself!
I hope you will explore my website and please feel free to email me or call me at 706-295-0030 with any questions you may have. I have over 250 bankruptcy articles that you can search through by typing in your requests in the search box below.
What is different about my law firm?
- You will meet with an experienced attorney instead of a paralegal. Most of the large filers give you only a few minutes with a bankruptcy attorney. At my firm, the attorney typically spends two hours reviewing the bankruptcy petition with you. We want to take the time to ensure that your petition is perfect and your case will sail smoothly.
- You can get your case started without leaving home. For clients living in the Northern District of Georgia (Kennesaw, Dallas, Cartersville, Rome, Dalton, and surrounding areas), if you prefer to only come to our office once, we can start your case with a phone interview or a skype call. Then, when your papers are ready to be filed, you can come to one of our convenient locations and meet your attorney face to face.
- We are bankruptcy experts. Bankruptcy is the sole focus of my law practice. We have the experience. I have been a consumer bankruptcy attorney for fifteen years. I personally review every bankruptcy petition that gets filed in my office, a little extra something I like to do which most owners do not do.
- As my gift to you, when you come to my office for your free consultation, we will give you a free copy of my new book, “A Guide To Bankruptcy in Georgia,” a 45 page book answering many questions people have about consumer bankruptcy.
- We will shoot straight with you and give you honest answers. Sometimes, bankruptcy might not be the best option for you. If it isn’t, we will tell you. We will not put you in a case that will not help you. Our goal is to help you and empower you.
- In addition, we are easy to talk with. Let’s face it; some lawyers are cranky and hard to get along with but not in my office. I hear clients tell me all the time, “This was so much easier to talk to you about than I thought it was going to be.”
- I have the best staff on planet earth, honest, caring people who sincerely care about our clients. In my fifteen years as a bankruptcy attorney, I’ve worked with some awesome people but this group is by far the best.
Get your Free guide on consumer bankruptcy in Georgia
If you fill out your name and email address in the top box on the right side of this page, I will email you this guide on on how the bankruptcy process works and some pitfalls to avoid.
If you would like to save some time on your case preparation, you can download a PDF version of our questionnaire by going to the bottom of this screen and clicking on the intake button. Otherwise, we will fill out all of the paperwork for you.
If you would like to directly contact us by email, please fill out the second box on the right or call me at 706-295-0030. We offer a free initial consultation. I would like to sit down with you and review your entire economic situation to see if we can come up with a plan that works for you.
Please Check out my bankruptcy podcasts
If you are interested in podcasts, I have another website dedicated to bankruptcy podcasts. From this site, you can download my podcasts on various bankruptcy topics directly to your computer or through your Itunes account to your Iphone. Click here to view my podcast website.
We have office locations in Kennesaw, Dalton, Dallas, Cartersville and Rome. In my Rome office, we offer evening and weekend appointments.